Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress and SEO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CameronDuthie
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been working with WordPress for a few months now and i’ve got a query that i was hoping someone could clear up for me.

At the moment i’m working on a semi-static site in WordPress and I was wondering, from a SEO point of view what’s the best route to go down regarding the page content. For my static pages do i keep the content in the page template php file or do i actually insert the content into WordPress? Does it make any difference which route i go down from a SEO point of view?

Thanks,

Cameron

TheDoc

As far as I know, all that matters is what gets rendered on the final site. It shouldn’t matter how the content gets on the page.

From a personal point of view, I would put as much content directly into WordPress as I could.

standuncan

I’m no expert by any means so take it with a grain of salt lol, but I think the only thing that matters is after it passes the server and what the engine/browser sees, like TheDoc said. So if you are entering it through WordPress, like a post in the WYSIWYG editor, it would write more php code probably, but the end result may be exactly the same after all the php parses though the server??

I personally would manually code it, because I think you have more options as far as semantically coding the markup?

CameronDuthie
    Participant

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.