Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Why I’m getting frustrated with my job in comic form.

• # December 16, 2012 at 10:01 am

I don’t have a question. I just found a funny comic that explain why, at times, I get a little frustrated with what some of us do. I got a good laugh out of it. Thought I’d share it.

[How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell](http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell “How web design goes straight to hell”)

PS Sorry about the curse word. It’s the title of the comic.

# December 16, 2012 at 10:13 am

LMAO, deja vu all over again.

Edit: I will add this to it. I find it very funny but it is reality. It can be frustrating on both ends. Some requests can be perfectly reasonable tho, but you know deep down that you can’t make them happen without resorting to all kinds of hacks. So the frustration gets compounded even more when you realize how CSS is grossly inadequate in some areas like layouts and other elements behavior. It’s hard to believe for me as a novice to web that this is the case after CSS been in existence for over 10+ years.

# December 16, 2012 at 10:38 am

That’s pure quality :D

Nice find, hahaha.

# December 16, 2012 at 11:32 am

@jurotek Yeah, I completely understand what you mean. Using CSS, there isn’t a whole lot that I can’t manage to do(within reason for CSS), but there are a few things that get a little frustrating. Life would be a lot easier if all browsers handled CSS in the same way. That’s where I get annoyed.

# December 16, 2012 at 11:41 am

I actually have the poster of this comic on the wall!

# December 16, 2012 at 11:47 am

@kevin11189, You can’t blame browser(s) alone. If spec of certain element behavior is standard and browser is not able to render it without resorting to hacks, than sure blame browser. But I think the main responsibility lies with W3C.

# December 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm

@andy_unleash That’s awesome! I was thinking about getting it.

@jurotek Yeah, you’re absolutely right.

# December 17, 2012 at 9:45 am

I laughed, hard, at this. Ever watch Kitchen Nightmares? I think you have to remember that the client called you, the professional, to build them a great site. Let them “run the restaurant” the way you created it for a while before they try to go back to their horrible, horrible ways.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".