Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Why are my sub-pages in wordpress not aligned correctly in IE8?

• # January 2, 2013 at 10:55 am

@djrolstad, what do you mean by “not aligned correctly”?

# January 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

You’re using images for the navigation border. Why?

# January 2, 2013 at 11:40 am

@chrisburton, what would you recommend?
    @ChrisP, In IE8 it doesn’t line up correctly; its not centered everything goes to the left.

# January 2, 2013 at 11:43 am

border-top and border-bottom

# January 2, 2013 at 12:20 pm

@djrolstad, I didn’t dig too deep, but fixed the footer image centered by changing the width to 100% and text-align: center; for the #footer, for the .footerpage (I don’t know why you have it as a span instead of a div) but fixed it the same, width 100%, text align: center; and it’s centered.

# January 2, 2013 at 12:59 pm

This is what my problem looks like: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/adobebrowserlab.png/

# January 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm

@djrolstad, the changes I suggested in my previous post fix that footer that you’re dealing with

# January 2, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I think there’s a lot of issues with this site. I see a lot of margin-left going on. You should create two page wraps for the outer shadow and an inner wrap that aligns where your texture is.

# January 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I fixed the alignment issue in the sub-pages. @ChrisP; thanks it fixed the alignment of the image.
    @chrisburton; I’m not even a rookie when it comes to web development. Still in the learning process. Could you please work something out in codepen for me, I really don’t understand what needs to be done.

# January 2, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I could but that wouldn’t really help you learn anything. I’d just be doing the work for you. You might want to start with your textured background. The gradient on the right side is not equal to the left.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".