Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Where do i find the means to trim this stuff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Diving into wordpress this evening and i am using a SUPER AWESOME theme, underscores theme.

What i want to change:

Every link put into my head, i want to strip type="text/css" and type="text/javascript". I have been through tons of files, searched the codex and even found spots where the php is echoing out that attribute, but still no changes, also cleared the cache, nothing.

Now, i can easily write some JS to rip out those attributes, but why add more code when i can just comment it out.

chrisburton
    Participant

> Now, i can easily write some JS to rip out those attributes, but why add more code when i can just comment it out.

You’re most likely going to have to write code to strip those attributes in functions.php

Another reason to hate WordPress ;)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@chrisburton, side note, i know you are an advocate of Kirby, is there total control in that CMS in regards to how your code is rendered apposed to WordPress?

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean by “how your code is rendered”?

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Yeah, MVC style. The server side code would load a script tag into the page dynamically through a function in which controls each part (script open tag | type attribute | sec | end script tag).

Since WordPress takes control of loading stuff like that, in Kirby can I just echo the script? Something simple like this:

echo "<script src='" . $src . "'></script>";

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m not sure if you can or cannot.

Update: I believe what you’re asking is in fact possible with Kirby. Kirby doesn’t output fixed attributes or any of that nonsense you get with WordPress. Basically you have control over your code.

To echo out scripts, you do this:

chrisburton
    Participant

Seems unnecessary.

TheDoc

@JohnMotylJr – you have the ability to simply include those files yourself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.