Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Webshop-fix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    worldwebber
    Participant

Hi.

Not sure if this is the place to post my problem, but I’ll give it a try :-)

I have set up a webshop with a “DIY” solution from freewebstore.com.

This is my a sample page from my webshop:
    http://www.mynterogsedler.no/1_JIAO/cat1141087_2602778.aspx

I have no knowlegde at all about CSS, but there is a setting/field in the design-part of the “DIY” from freewebstore that is called “Advanced CSS” where I can put in CSS to change the design on the store.
    I’ve allready got a lot of help from freewebstore support. (They have added the CSS that I have copied in below)
    Last time I asked for a change (not the same as I need now), they gave me contactinfo to a designer that had a price that didn’t fit my wallet.
    The change I needed then, I’ve found a solution for.
    But I have a new challenge that I believe can be solved easily with some CSS.
    The challenge is that I don’t want to mess up the fixes they have implemented for me already.
    I’ll use the page that I’ve linked to in my sample on what I need.
    If you click any of the items it opens the product details. In my link, on the first two products, there is one product with an image and one without.
    What I need is a small picture of the product on the page where all the products are listed (the link I have attached above).
    Just a small one about the size of the smallest picture on the products details page.
    The reason that I want this is so that the customer knows if a pciture exists of the product without having to click every single line in the listings.
    So if no picture exists, it can show either a small “image not available”-picture or small image of the product if it exists.
    (Basically just fetching the picture from the product page, either the “not avaiable” or a productpicture if so exists)

Parts of the CSS i have copied in below is in fact made with the purpose to remove such an image that I am now asking for. But the pictures that was on the product list-page earlier way to big for my use.
    So thats the reason that I can’t just remove the CSS below because then the size gets wrong.
    Hoping for a possible solution here in this forum.
    If my post is at wrong forum or at the wrong place, then I am sorry for this.
    Any help would be highly appreciated.

Here’s the CSS that is put in earlier:

/* Change prod listing to more of a list view */
    .prod_box
    {
    width:100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    border-bottom:solid 1px yellow;
    }

.prod_box_image
    {
    width:auto !important;
    height:auto !important;
    display:none !important;
    padding:0px !important;
    }
    .prod_box h2
    {
    }

.prod_box p
    {
    height:auto !important;
    }
    .prod_box .prod_links { float:right !important;}

/Hide Recently Viewed/
    #recent_title, #recent_content { display:none }

Paulie_D

Last time I asked for a change (not the same as I need now), they gave me contact info to a designer.

Frankly…this is your best solution. Find one that suits your wallet better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.