Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

united minds design

• # August 11, 2009 at 7:05 am

hi, this is my first post but ive been using css tricks for a while now

any feedback / constructive criticism would be great for our new web design site

thanks
    United Minds

http://www.unitedmindsdesign.co.uk

Rob
    # August 11, 2009 at 7:16 am

just a quicky before I have to go out – I would add some line height to your text – its a little squished together :)

# August 11, 2009 at 11:52 am

I’m not 100% sold on the width of the footer being greater than that of the upper content, since its another 3 columns I reckon it would flow better if it stuck to the same grid.. but since its centered its not terribad.

I also reckon that your links could use abit more style behind them, embrace :hover whatever you do, it adds another layer to let the user know that the area does something, I think skipping on a hover effect even if extremely subtle is an oversight.

also I agree with robski that the text layout could use some work, as a rough guide i tend to use double or double+1 for my line height of the em value. It’s not a perfect system, but its a good starting place for my paragraphs at any rate. for example, font-size: 0.8em; line-hegith: 1.6em to 1.7em.

the style and graphic work is awesome, i love the background texture, love the spotlight, love the high contrast band, love the scroller.. all great stuff.

A couple tweaks to the text/links and I think you could call it a done deal.

# August 12, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I’d like to see your tag line be permanently under your logo, instead of embedded in the scroll box. Once it scrolls through, it’s gone for awhile. For a sec, I wondered what it was that you did. I’d use a quote bubble for an icon for the client feedback instead of pencil and paper. Like the colors, background, bright footer- nice. Good work!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".