Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS two cloumn background problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    x386

In many designs, we have two column. One for main content and the other is for sidebar. So, I float one to the right and the other to the left. Imagine that we apply a background to them. The problem is here that the height of main_content and the height of sidebar is not equal. My english is not good so see this as an example :? :
    [img]http://saheran.persiangig.com/err_screenshot.jpg[/img]

In css2 the display:table technique can solve this but it’s not supported by IE less than 8. :(
    (sorry. I know it’s a very simple question but I didn’t know what should I search in the internet to find the answer. and, sorry for my English.)

x386

The problem is that I don’t know how much the height of main_content would be. It depends on how much content will be there. If the content in main_content be more than the sidebar, the sidebar background doesn’t apply.

Jonz

Cool I’ve been working on something for my splash page, same sorta concept.
    This should sort you out:
    http://johnsbeharry.com/lab/code/bottom-footer.html

x386

it’s not working… give them height: 100%;
    Here, I want to make the two floated elements to have equal height. how to do this? when their content is not enough to be make the height equal.

Jonz

html, body and the container must be 100% height as well. Can you show me your code it would be helpful as well

x386

It’s not working too!
    Can I send you the whole code?

x386

Thanks Chris! I really appriciate it.
    Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.