Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Trigger external css

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jawes

Hi,

This is the setting:
    – stylesheet A
    – stylesheet B

I want to change the color from a class inside stylesheet B, but trigger this from stylesheet A. How can I accomplish that?

Paulie_D

Simply…you can’t.

As stylesheet B is loaded after stylesheet A it will override any ‘same’ styles in A.

As for a solution, it depends on what precisely you are trying to do and why.

jawes

For a site I want to have 4 view settings for visually impaired people. I have created 4 stylesheets (copies of the theme stylesheet). The stylesheets are managed by a CSS styleswitcher plugin.

On the forum I also want the color of the text (body) to change when switching CSS stylesheet. But I cannot change the fontcolor of the editor field where you type your post as it is controlled by the body class which is in a different stylesheet, not the theme stylesheet.
    If I cannot get the color change work on the forum at the same time when switching stylesheets, the text will not be readable at all because of the change in background color.

The backgroundcolor is black and the text should become yellow on the forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.