Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Stop WordPress rendering markup inside pre tags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

G’day guys. This is most likely a simple fix, but how do you stop WordPress from rendering elements inside pre tags? I currently have a plugin installed that is meant to do exactly that (which it does not).

There are two issues. The first is that I don’t want to have to use the HTML entity for <. The second occurs whenever I edit a previous post that has HTML wrapped in pre tags: line breaks magically appear. WordPress must have a default method of formatting markup, which I would love to turn off.

@chriscoyier Would you mind sharing what you use to stop WordPress messing about with the stuff in-between pre tags?

After continued searching, and trailing, this plugin currently escapes html entities for me: http://coffee2code.com/wp-plugins/preserve-code-formatting/

Still having problems with they way WordPress formats my code though. For instance, I paste in this:

<ul>
    <li></li><!--
    --><li></li><!--
    --><li></li>
    </ul>

That will work fine for the first time. If I am to go back and edit the post at a later date though, this is what I get:

<ul>
    <li></li>

<!--
    -->
    <i></li>

<!--
    -->
    <li></li>
    </ul>

If anyone else is even experiencing the same thing, please speak up so I know it’s not just me.

I’ll have a play around with that. Thanks for the reply Karl.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.