Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Statistics mobile internet users

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rodolpheb
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to find statistics (reliable and current) about mobile internet users worldwide. I’ve found some numbers on Google that contradict each other.

rodolpheb
    Participant
    domakas

I believe http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_mobile.asp is something that you are looking for. There are lots of different statistics there.

Paulie_D

I wouldn’t believe anything that W3Schools puts out.

Paulie_D

>Oh, that doesn’t seem fair. If you want good, reliable data for the platforms visitors to W3Schools are using, that seems the best place to go. Not sure why you would care, **but I suspect it’s accurate** .

Why?

http://w3fools.com/

unasAquila
    Participant
    rodolpheb
    Participant

Thanks @BenWalker. I need these information to complete some answers about mobile devices.

Here’s my point: regarding the links that @unasAquila kindly sent the data aren’t exactly identical. For example android’s data are between 37% and 30% even though the comparison with the other is the same.

AWKM
    Participant

Depends a lot on where each report gets it’s data from. Often it’ll be from analyzing their own visitors and/or those of partner sites.

Depending on what those sites are about, or the people they attract, it can skew the data. For example sites about Apple are likely to see far more iOS users than android and vice versa.

rodolpheb
    Participant

Thank you @BenWalker for being helpful, I now have a bunch of things to study.

> Depends a lot on where each report gets it’s data from.

I totally agree, that’s the reason why I posted this thread. I actually need to find sources I can trust.

TheDoc

In short: you can’t get that data.

The only data that companies can report is information they receive from users visiting *their own* website (or websites that they have made a deal with to track stats from). There isn’t going to be one resource that has the real answer.

rodolpheb
    Participant

Thanks @TheDoc.

I thought it was easier to find these datas, at least an overview like: how many mobile (cell and/or tablet) users surf on the internet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.