Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Horizontal Scroll bar suddenly appearing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cre8tive1

Hi all,

I’m working on a new WP site for my portfolio and sometime this AM I must have done something that’s creating a horizontal scroll bar to appear until the browser window is at about 1000px wide.

I’ve been searching for an hour now to figure out what I did. I need another set of eyes. I’m thinking I must have left a <div> open somewhere or something similar.

Can anyone see the error? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

http://www.jerryrossphotography.com

MJK

It looks like the problem is in your CSS. The following line in style.css doesn’t need to be so wide.

Code:
    #masthead { position: relative; top: 0; left: 0; width: 960px; height: 196px; }
    truth04

Your navigation is causing the problem. If you give it a width of 500px or so that should take care of the problem.

Code:
    #main-navigation { left: 350px; position: relative; top:110px; width: 500px; }
    TheDoc

Looks like this problem has been fixed?

cre8tive1

Wow! I ran to the store and came back and their were several replies already. Thanks everyone for the input. The suggests help me get focused again. It turns out that it was the footer that was missing a width value and thus causing the page to be too wide. The nav in turn was just expanding into the available space.

Thanks to all.

jr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.