Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] CSS and OCRA font

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ppuniversal

Hi,
    I installed OCRA font on my server. I have a Windows XP machine.

After installing the font, the font is properly displayed in MS Word and other document editors as OCRA.

But when I use the font on my web-page, it does not recognize it.

I am using the following code in my <head> section of HTML.

Code:

I am not worried whether client system has this font or not, as I am converting this HTML into a PDF on my server using ABCPDF tool, and then sending this PDF to client.

Please advise why my HTML code is not able to recognize this OCRA font. Is there any other way I can achieve this.
    Thanks,
    Pawan

blue642

when specifying a font by name, you should put it in quotes. see if that helps.

ppuniversal
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    First, do you mean OCR-A?

Secondly, the name of one font does not constitute a family.

Code:

Lastly, what do you mean you have installed it on your server? Do you mean your pc?

Yes, its OCR-A. And by ‘installed on the server’ I meant, the PC where this HTML will be generated.

I will try by using OCR-A and let you know. I was using OCRA as this was the name which was displayed in MS Word and other document editors.

Thanks for the reply. Will let you know if this helps.
    Pawan

ppuniversal
    "ppuniversal" wrote:
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    First, do you mean OCR-A?

Secondly, the name of one font does not constitute a family.

Code:

Lastly, what do you mean you have installed it on your server? Do you mean your pc?

Yes, its OCR-A. And by ‘installed on the server’ I meant, the PC where this HTML will be generated.

I will try by using OCR-A and let you know. I was using OCRA as this was the name which was displayed in MS Word and other document editors.

Thanks for the reply. Will let you know if this helps.
    Pawan

I tried with OCR-A, monospace and it worked !
    Thanks a lot again.
    Pawan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.