Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS SCSS + Sublime Text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chester
    Participant

Hi!

OK. I’m starting to use SASS. I’m also using Sublime Text2 on Windows. I would like to ask how you guys set up your Sublime Text for coding SASS. I mean what packages, plugins or snippets you’ve installed.

This is what I have ATM.
    Sublime Text 2 packages installed.
    Emmet
    HTML snippets by joshnh

I also don’t have a scss file extension. (this)= no text highlighting

Thank you.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

“Sass” package for syntax highlighting.

Chester
    Participant

@HugoGiraudel Thanks. But how do I get a SCSS file extension (bottom-righ of sublime text)? I only have SASS and the defaults. All other tutorials and even @chriscoyier is using SCSS.

I hope you get what I mean.

Thanks.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Even on my SCSS files, ST2 says it’s Sass. :)

Paulie_D

OK…AFAIK, although ST2 can handle SASS/SCSS (because at the end of it all it’s just a text-editor) it won’t automagically parse and create a CSS file from your SCSS file. You have to use an app.

I’ve started using Prepros (http://alphapixels.com/prepros/) and it’s the bees knees.

Create a blank file and name it with a `.scss` extension. When Prepros goes to work it automatically creates a CSS file for you.

jimmy
    Participant

You can also use [Mixture](http://mixture.io “Mixture”) for Windows, it’s currently in free beta, but they will announce on pricing as soon as it leaves beta stage. Main functionality is the same – it acts as a CodeKit “equivalent”, uses/pairs with local server, compiles SASS/LESS/Stylus/Haml/Compass and includes livereload.

The difference from Prepros is the following:
    – .liquid templating
    – known frameworks/boilerplates, tailored to work with .liquid, e.g. Foundation, Bootstrap, inuit.css, Sassaparilla
    – it compiles two versions of your .scss – minified and expanded (you don’t exactly need Mixture to do that, there are plugins for ST2 as well).

I used it for a long time before Prepros – switched to Prepros though, because I don’t need the whole templating thingy, although maybe you’d find it interesting.

Chester
    Participant

Does Prepos tells where your error is? I tried it and I had an error saying it can’t compile. It doesn’t tell where the error is. After scanning the code, it was just a typo error on my variable.

Subash

@chester, Click on the notification or click Open Log Window icon on top right corner of app window to get more info about the error.

Chester
    Participant

cool! thanks @Subash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.