Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Rough Design critique

• # May 28, 2012 at 7:06 pm

http://twitpic.com/9qf5lo/full

its only a screen shot of the rough idea i have for the site . what are your initial thoughts?

# May 28, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I personally don’t like the Serif body text, something like Arial or Helvetica would be better. As for the actual design, it looks good, but I hope there’s going to be a jquery slider or something at the top…

# June 11, 2012 at 12:53 pm

yeah, that was the idea for it :P :) and yes i also think the body text should change.

# June 11, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I like the background. I like the color scheme. I like the display typeface but I agree with Odd_E that a san-serif font would be better for the body copy. And a slider or image of some sort on the home page would really increase aesthetics. What you show is great for the about page, but not the home page. Also, run spell check.

# June 12, 2012 at 3:36 am

somewhat ok design lah

# March 27, 2013 at 7:34 pm

The sidebar stuff looks weird to me, but other than that i like it.

# March 27, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I’d make the nav 100% width. Also a popular thing right now are divisions in content. So for that welcome area, have that be one module rather then running the full length of the page. you could even run it 100% width and have the sidebar over it or grid style layout. Add some more imagery for more intrest.. Social media icons even for color.

As for visual hierarchy, the content area (considering a change?) under the nav but before the main area is really low. It’s close to the top but blends into the background. If you want it a 1-2-3, lighten the area, make the text/header large, or re color it.

# March 27, 2013 at 9:14 pm

How can you guys see the image? Can we get a larger version?

# May 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm

It’s now running as http://hajzer.info/

# May 10, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Looks good but the apple background texture is meh. The border on the right side on contact on the top nav I’d get rid of and just work on the font for your titles. Other than that it’s easy to follow and looks good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".