Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Remove and load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    XaviJr
    Participant

Hi guys. I want to make this javascript code that get all tab contents from HTML, remove them, and then load them only when the user click on the tab. Is this possible?

Paulie_D

What do you have so far?

Do you have a link?

Could you put something in Codepen for us to play with?

XaviJr
    Participant

I don’t have an example code but I’m making one now.

I know how to select the elements but I don’t know any function to remove the selected elements and other to load them. load() is just used to load external files right?

David_Leitch
    Participant

As a starting point, the ‘[Tabbable Nav](http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/components.html#navshttp://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/components.html#navs”)’ from Twitter Bootstrap comes to mind. I don’t know the workings behind it, but it seems to achieve what you’re looking for, so perhaps have a look at how that works?

XaviJr
    Participant

Thank you for your tip David, I will look into the code of that to figure it out.
    If anyone have other tips please let me know. I prefer to understand how can this be done and not use an external library.

XaviJr
    Participant

I want to really remove it but thank you for the input.

Paulie_D

>I want to really remove it but thank you for the input.

Actually, I don’t think so.

I’m assuming that you don’t want it loaded on pageload at all but only want it to be inserted on a click event.

Is that more like it?

XaviJr
    Participant

Something like that, yes. But if I have the display:none the content is loaded anyway right? It’s just hidden.

Paulie_D

> if I have the display:none the content is loaded anyway right? It’s just hidden.

Yes it is….To be honest the solution will depend on what you effect are trying to achieve and why.

XaviJr
    Participant

Let me try to explain.

It’s like a plugin. I want to have the ability to grab the HTML objects, stop them from loading and then load it only with the click action. Like some slideshows do I think.

Paulie_D

Yeah, but are you planning on having these ‘objects’ in your page HTML and hidden prior to load or inserted INTO the page HTML on a click.

The two are different.

XaviJr
    Participant

Inserted into, not hidden, because it can be videos/images so I don’t want to have a slow load. I hope I’m making myself clear.

XaviJr
    Participant

I know andy, that’s why I made this question in Javascript section, but I don’t know what functions can I use to save, remove and load the HTML stuff. That’s my question.

Paulie_D

There you go folks…I’m no JS / AJAX expert (or even a novice) but that’s what he’s after.

Over to you.

XaviJr
    Participant

Thank you both for clear that out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.