Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Redesign of a homepage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sangars2
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have just redesigned and had implemented the homepage of a website. Please critique and let me know what you think!

http://www.inowno.com/

Thank you!

andiio
    Participant

Kool

I'd add -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; globally

nice work…

Robby
    Participant

Looks great! Only thing I’d suggest is adding a little more contrast on the text/background. It hard to read, I’m on a shitty screen, but a lot of people are.

Robby
    Participant

Looks great! Only thing I’d suggest is adding a little more contrast on the text/background. It hard to read, I’m on a shitty screen, but a lot of people are.

mikroBrake
    Participant

Nice idea, needs more work on it, check html validator, there is a lot of syntax errors

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inowno.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

second section underneath the video seems unfinished, also paralax effect could be smoother.
    Best of luck.

Westin
    Participant

The overall design of the website is nice and I like the colors. A few things though.

1. The circle icons you are using on the home page are very rough around the edges.
    2. The Dropdown hamburger menu does not work.
    3. On the “About” page, I would consider setting the footer to be fixed to the bottom of the window.
    4. I know you have a home button, however, I think it is vital you make the logo a link to the homepage. It is second nature for most people to click logos on websites to go to the homepage.
    5. On the homepage under the “So many uses” section, to maintain consistency, I would incorporate an icon into that section. Similar to what you did in the “Easy online learning” section.
    sangars2
    Participant

Cheers guys, really awesome feedback! Very much appreciated.

shaneisme
    Participant

I’d add -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; globally

I wouldn’t, this should be used in very specific instances or it can reduce readability in edge cases.

Shikkediel
    Participant

No bootstrap that I can see…

Looks very nice but the video takes too much resources for my taste. And it is used without having a HTML5 declaration in the document.
    I do believe browser sniffing is deprecated by the way.
    Great style altogether though.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Ah, looking a bit further I could’ve…

Jimmy
    Participant

I’m just poking at a small spelling error. “To help you make your mind up, we are offering FREE one month trial to really whet your appetite”.

Alen
    Participant

@chrisburton, @shikkediel that’s just a comment. If you look at the code, @sangars2 is not using Bootstrap.

Joost
    Participant

Looks nice!
    I just think adding the paralax effect to the video too would make it really great!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.