I have just finished developing the following website and would like some feedback on it as a whole. It is the first site I have made for a client ( even if the clients my brother :lol: ). Anyway the content is taken straight from a previous site so it is really just the design and usability that I am looking at getting feedback for.
A good first effort… My only suggestion would be this: when the page first opened, the background graphic caused my eyes to travel to the bottom of the page. I would be inclined to make the gradient show more light than dark color. Just my opinion though…
Here’s a few suggestion I think will help your website have a more professional look.
1. You should consider creating a home page instead of having the visitor go straight to the "what we do" page.
2. You should increase the width of your site. A lot of monitors are now LCD’s and are more rectangular which creates a lot of empty space on the sides. Consider a width similar to css-tricks’.
3. It is almost standard for the header of a website to return you to the homepage. You should include that.
4. Your photo gallery seems unfinished and confusing. This could be a result of lack of knowledge in building galleries. A quick solution would be to disable the "Stop on mouseover" and keep the rotation going automatically. If at the initial look the mouse happens to land on the image, the pictures do not rotate and it makes it difficult to figure out that there’s more images.
5. you should also try to add more images through out the entire site. It seems to have too much text and not enough pictures. It tends to get boring to look at. In today’s cyber world we are accustomed to look at lots of pictures and icons, other wise your visitors might get bored and might click away.
You were looking for a critique, and I gave it to you…
Hope this helps.
1. I agree on widening the site a little so its less background and more content in order to make the site more rectangular.
2. Dont like the gradient background, maybe try all one colour or 2 colour gradient instead of orange and white.
3. The 3 grey sections at the bottom need jazzing up a bit, they are boring, make the headers a bit more eye-catching, maybe a different colour?
The layout is ok (apart from the width) I think it just lacks in personality and the header good definitely do with a bit more of an eye catching feel.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".