Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Photoshop Smart Objects

• # December 7, 2012 at 7:09 pm

When I import Illustrator files into Photoshop as Smart Objects, they come in a bit fuzzy. Is there any way to remedy this, so it maintains the vector sharpness?

# December 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

@kloy What are you trying to do when importing it into Photoshop?

# December 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm

mostly vector art, charts etc from Illustrator. Not photos.

# December 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm

@kloy I meant after you import the file from Illustrator, what are you doing with the vector inside of Photoshop? Applying textures or?

Why are you importing it into Photoshop is what I’m asking?

# December 8, 2012 at 7:40 am

not doing anything to them.
    I am importing to make a web design file more efficient

# December 8, 2012 at 3:01 pm

@kloy Okay, then I wouldn’t worry about it. When you’re ready for production, save the vectors as png in Illustrator.

One thing I would try though is to export the vectors to PSD or PNG. Then, in PS go to File > New > Set the Options > File > Place > Choose the PSD you exported from Illustrator. From there you can pull down the both tabs in PS and drag the layer to your Web Design file.

I hope that makes sense.

# December 8, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thanks, but that really does not answer the question. I’ve been searching around. It looks like a problem lots of people have been having that Adobe has yet yo solve.

# December 9, 2012 at 12:54 am

I’ve never seen an issue like you are describing on files as small as web design PSDs. Are you going to menu > import? I’ve always just copied the object in illustrator and then pasted into Photoshop and chosen smart object option. It might be the same as file > import its worth a shot if you haven’t tried that specifically.

# December 9, 2012 at 6:35 am

It’s a little hard to know what is going on without being able to see it, but my best guess would be that you aren’t aligning the object to the pixel grid when pasting it into Photoshop. This article might be of some assistance: http://bjango.com/articles/pixelpasting/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".