Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Opinion on site

• # December 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm

@Paulie_D I think it does fit, it’s just shot in portrait.

[Here is a screenshot](http://s17.postimage.org/js9dspd0f/screenshot1.png “”) of what I’m seeing during loading on Firefox as well.

As soon as the video finishes loading, it fits properly in the container.

# December 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Hmmm…now it’s back in the container…odd.

However, it looks like FF doesn’t render the video at the desired width until after it’s finished loading.

# December 13, 2012 at 12:38 pm

@ChrisP I dont have a clue what that is because i use chrome and its fine for me

# December 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

That’s odd..it does it for me on every page load.

# December 13, 2012 at 12:43 pm

@ChrisP I’ll check to see if your right

# December 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Ok it does take a wile to load and then it fits

# December 13, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Images are your friend. subtlepatterns.com
    The gradients are a pain to look at

# December 14, 2012 at 7:27 am

Wow… Not entirely sure what you did want to accomplish by posting this page here.
    I think it work’s just the way ist supposed to work, but as we are on css-tricks right here. It kinda hurts my eyes and feelings.

– The HTML is as far away from a semantic-mockup as it gets.
    – You use Gradient pngs even thought you already require a css3 compatible browser?

Also… As simple the layout may be, it kinda looks like its done in 1996 or something. Try focus on simpler layouts, avoid gradients, also avoid a big border-radius as it kinda looks gross.

Also I would go for ajax in terms of navigating throught the page.

# December 14, 2012 at 7:31 am

@SSchnitzler. You do realise this young fella is 10 years old…don’t you?

# December 14, 2012 at 7:59 am

Yes but do you realise that we are on css-tricks? I’m not saying its totally bad what he has done.
    I just want to point to what he should focus on to make it better..

How should he improve if we all say its the best page we’ve ever seen…?

# December 14, 2012 at 8:02 am

>How should he improve if we all say its the best page we’ve ever seen…?

No one is saying that..but your tone seemed overly critical rather than encouraging a n00b to improve..

# December 14, 2012 at 8:05 am

There’s nothing wrong with gradients if executed correctly.

# December 14, 2012 at 8:06 am

Yeah I should’ve been putting more work in the post I guess..

But yeah.. the internet doesnt work like that.. There is no seperated web for newbies.

# December 14, 2012 at 8:59 am

> You use Gradient pngs even thought you already require a css3 compatible browser?

I’m sure the little kid knows this, he’s obviously making it cross browser compatible.

@SSchnitzler – you say there is no seperate web for newbies. How do we improve if we don’t come to places like this and learn from what everyone else is saying. I thought I knew a lot but then I learned a hell of a lot more from watching Chris’ screen casts and visiting this forum regularly.

I bet you never got to where you are (assuming you’re good at what you do? You may not be…) without taking to websites like CSS-Tricks for feedback…

# December 14, 2012 at 10:31 am

@Watson90 – Sure I’ve asked for feedback and help.

Don’t treat me like the bad guy, its not like I said he sucks at what he does or something… I was just typing what I thought in terms of how to improve his project.

I just left out saying “hey its really good for your age” (which he is, no doubt about that). Because I think he knows that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".