Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Offline IE8 video solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JediN1nja
    Participant

Hi wonderful people!

I received a brief to create a web page that will be offline and come “pre-installed” on notebooks. I have one problem though, I might have to work with the pre-installed browser of Windows 7…IE8. Now since it doesn’t support the HTML5 video tag and Adobe Flash is not yet installed I wanted to know what I can do about displaying videos in the browser. Maybe a JQuery/Js solution?

I’m trying to push to have Chrome pre-installed but I might run into some legal issues. So I just wanted to know if there are some solutions that remain strictly in browser. It needs to be able to run straight off the bat on a fresh install of Windows 7 without an internet connection.

Thank you in advance!

Paulie_D

I’m assuming that all the files (JS, video css etc) will all be part of the web-page ‘packet’ so you would be able to use any JS solution you like and go from there. Is that right?

JediN1nja
    Participant

Yep. Everything will probably be in one directory somewhere on the notebook. Any easy JS frameworks I can use? :)

Mottie

Hey JediN1nja!

Check out this page – it shows you how to embed videos that use windows media player. I think the catch is that you need to make a playlist (ref).

JediN1nja
    Participant

Thanks Mottie! I couldn’t really make much sense of the pages you sent me but it did get me to this page which was the quickest and easiest way to embed windows media player into HTML :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.