Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Need Advice – Random Content Generation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eddiegiese

Hi all,

I’m looking to include a small section (div) of content that contains recommendations/testimonials my client has received. I would like this div to appear in the header of every page and anytime a user visits/refreshes a page on the site I would like it to display random content (from the recommendations). I can think of 2 ways to do this: PHP pulling from a database, and using jQuery to "auto-refresh" every so often. Is there another good way of doing this? I’m not sure what the best-practice would be for this kind of situation, as I’m a bit of a newcomer to web design. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
    [img]http://pennedweb.com/v2/images/web_question.gif[/img]

I would go with the PHP approach, or you could use JavaScript with an array that randomly selects a number and passes it into the array and gets back a testimonial. If you wanted something that looks great and refreshes often why not go with a Flash approach, however as I said I would go with the PHP and database.

eddiegiese

Thanks guys! I think I will go the PHP route.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.