Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Navigation in bottom of xhtml but on top of page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Edwin

Last time I hear more often that in sight of usability you must put your navigation in the bottom of your xhtml and then with css you can set it on top of the page again. But I am not really sure how this works. While I won’t use position: absolute, I don’t know a very good way to do this. Does somebody have some experience with this?

dag
    "Edwin" wrote:
    The meaning of it was that you have to put the important stuff – the content of your site- first and after that the less important stuff, the navigation. But leaving beside if it’s good or not, does any one knows how to do this with css?

I think it’s a SEO trick.
    Search engines loves the important stuff before everything.

dag

There are several ways to do this:

dag
    "box" wrote:
    …if you want the navigation near the top, then you place it near the top in your…

I disagree.
    If you do a good job, reversing the positions of elements, the navigation is not affected negatively …
    I use these techniques for a long time and work well…

dag
    "box" wrote:
    but that’s all good in a forum :)

I agree with you. If we had not diverse opinions, we would not have any opportunity to confront and to evolve. ;)

Towers
    "dag" wrote:
    There are several ways to do this:

fyi, this didn’t work because of the = in the list tag. Just remove it unless you want to specify a numbered list or lettered list (for those, add 1 or a, respectively).

dag
    "Towers" wrote:
    fyi, this didn’t work because of the = in the list tag

I did not understand…
    You might explain more easily? (I am Italian and I do not understand very well the English)

"Edwin" wrote:
    simple steps how to set the menu in the bottom of the xhtml and in the top of the final layout and doing this on the best way?

1. to set the menu in the bottom of the xhtml and in the top of the final layout using CSS and position:static, look my blog restyling
    2. to set the menu in the bottom of the xhtml and in the top of the final layout using CSS and position:absolute,
    look my dentist website

In a few days i write in this post how to set the menu in the bottom of the xhtml and in the top of the final layout.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.