Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

my 1st WP theme

• # December 28, 2008 at 10:46 pm

So I created my first WP theme.
    Actually I didn’t use Chris’ tut, but I showed me some great overview ideas.
    I ended up creating a static html page w/ headings, postings, title, comment boxes, etc.
    That helped A TON for me and I kinda wish someone would’ve suggested that in the tut Chris did.
    O well…. here it is…
    http://www.ericandcarmelita.com

I know it’s not fancy, but it is my first.
    If you feel the urge, feel free to comment.

# December 29, 2008 at 1:31 am

Looks pretty cool. I use WP for everything now, it’s just so easy to customize and manipulate. I’m not an expert, but to me it looks pretty good. Your visitors will love it

Rob
    # December 29, 2008 at 12:14 pm

yea thats a realy nice personal blog site :D good job! :D

I think for ease – you could stick a "home" link on your photo page to make it easyer to get back to your main site? :D Maybe change the current "home" link to make it go back to your actual home page? :D

# December 29, 2008 at 11:39 pm

Ya the photos page is actually a zenphoto page and i need to design a theme for that, too.
    There is a link back to the home page, but it’s wicked small and at the bottom.
    Thanks for the thoughts!! I’ll have to do this again!

# December 30, 2008 at 1:58 pm
    "hoss9009" wrote:
    So I created my first WP theme.
    Actually I didn’t use Chris’ tut, but I showed me some great overview ideas.
    I ended up creating a static html page w/ headings, postings, title, comment boxes, etc.
    That helped A TON for me and I kinda wish someone would’ve suggested that in the tut Chris did.
    O well…. here it is…
    http://www.ericandcarmelita.com

I know it’s not fancy, but it is my first.
    If you feel the urge, feel free to comment.

Looks nice — a good starting point for further work as you learn how to work with WordPress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".