Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other MAMP 2.1.1 Suddenly Stopped Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joshguss

Hey Everyone,

I have received a good bit of info on MAMP in these forums so thought this would be a good place to post. The title pretty much sums it up… MAMP was working fine on Friday then when I went to do some work today it seems to have just stopped working. Basically it never “Starts” with the spinning wheel constantly rotating in the little window at the top right of the application.

I am running MAMP Pro Version 2.1.1 on Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

I have tried reinstalling MAMP with no luck. I also tried downgrading the OS to 10.8 also with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

wolfcry911
    Participant

in terminal:

sudo apachectl stop

joshguss

Thanks for responding! I forgot to mention this in the initial post, but this was actually one of my attempts that I tried to fix this.

That said, now when I enter that command into the terminal I get back:

launchctl: Error unloading: org.apache.httpd

… with MAMP still not working.

joshguss

I figured it out! This post is a follow-up for anyone else who may be experiencing something similar…

Not sure how it happened but all of the content of the “hosts” file had been removed (the file was blank). This file can be found here:

/Macintosh HD/private/etc

All I did was jump into Time Machine and restore that file back to when MAMP was working and all is good.

Hope this helps.

rbennion

Thanks a bunch @joshguss! I was having the exact same problem with MAMP Pro. I ended up having a bunch of entries in my hosts file for 127.0.0.1 that required deleting before MAMP Pro would start.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.