Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Lightbox JS v2.0

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Makeshift

hey guys, I recently stumbled upon Light Box, and I thought I would give it a shot..

I did everything it said and when I Click the link, it opens the link instead of of the picture..

Here’s the page

Any help would be great..

thanks.

cybershot
    Participant

I think it’s because you can’t use lightbox with the other libraries that you are using. I don’t think it works with scriptaculous or prototype. I don’t remember which one. If you want to figure it out, delete one of those calls from your header and test the lightbox. To use a lightbox effect that does work with those libraries, google shadowbox. Same kind of thing, even works with rel="lightbox" or rel="shadowbox" both will work. I like it because if you have lightbox all in your code, you don’t need to change it.

Makeshift

actually, those came with it, it’s actually the jQuery library that’s messing it up..

thank you for the reply tho.

cybershot
    Participant

yes, that’s right. I couldn’t remember. In any case, I just had this problem myself because I have a website that has a lot of pictures and I had a jquery slider and needed the lightbox to work. It won’t work with the slider. I had the coda slider working on the site but not the lightbox. I had to use the shadowbox to get it working. Take a look

http://www.photobyiris.com

Makeshift

Oh, very nice site. I favorited it.

jnemeth

FYI I had the same problem using mootools.js with lightbox.

rosspenman
    Participant

Putting `jQuery.noConflict()` at the top of your script and wrapping all your jQuery with

(function($) {
    // Your jQuery goes here
    })(jQuery);

might help. jQuery has some [documentation on using it with other libraries](http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.