Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [jquery] Filter by multiple selected tags/classes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nathan

Hi all,

I’m reasonably new to jquery, and wondering if there’s a way of filtering by multiple options.

Say I have a list of thumbnails on a page, and they have various tags assigned to them as classes. (so one thumbnail might be class="yellow car february", another "blue train march".

At the top of the page, I have a list of these various tags (not dynamically generated). If I click "yellow", it filters the thumbnails so that only the one’s with the class yellow stay and the rest fadeOut. If I then click "car" then it filters down to only thumbnails that have both the yellow and car classes. And then if I click "car" again, it returns to showing all the yellow ones. I hope that makes sense.

Is that something that can be done with jquery?

Any kind of help, or just pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated. Cheers!

noahlearner

Hey Nathan,

I know it has been years, but I just posted a tutorial on how to do this at http://www.learnerdesign.com/news/2011/12/31/filter-results-by-multiple-tags-with-jquery/.

I hope it helps!

-Noah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.