Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Joomla inherited CSS attribute problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cre8tive1

Hi all,

I’m have a Joomla template driven website that I’m trying to write a CSS style for.

The existing template defines a style for the <h4> tag that I like. However, I would like to define the same style for the <h3>. I have tried doing this and have succeeded with every element except the color of the font. I’m convinced that the <h3> tag is inheriting the font color from another style but I can’t figure out how to override it.

Here is the page: http://pinkmonkeysolutions.com/the-resources

Notice the <h4> heading : "I Do Wedding Services". That is the existing template style.

Now go down to the <h3> heading: "Aspen Vail Ice". This is the new style I created. I would like to be able to change the font color to the Pink I use elsewhere. This is where the attribute is being overridden.

Here is the style I wrote and included in the template.css file of the site template:

Code:
    h3#resource-listings {
    color: #86CFC2;
    font-family: “Lucida Grande”,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif;
    font-size: 14.4px;
    font-weight: 400;
    font-style: normal;
    text-transform: none;
    text-decoration: none;
    letter-spacing: normal;
    word-spacing: normal;
    line-height: 18.7px;
    text-align: start;
    margin: 0 0 10px 0;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-color: #cccccc;
    }

I’ve tried to figure out using Firebug where the font color is being declared, but have not had success. I’m not that great with Firebug so the fact that I can’t find it isn’t any real surprise to me. :)

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jr

Try changin it to #section2 h3#resource-listings – just a thought.

cre8tive1

Yes, those Joomla templates are loaded with DIVs. That’s why I try to not use Joomla where I can avoid it. The templates are overly complicated.

Thanks for finding that! I adjusted the style to:

Code:
    #section2 h3#resource-listings {}

And now it works.

Thanks Apostrophe!

jr

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.