Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

IE6 Makes Background Image Disappear

• # January 9, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I am having an issue with one of my sites. I am trying to customize a Magento theme, and when I make the search bar a background image it looks fine in all broswers — except IE6. In IE6 the background image disappears when I try to click on the search bar. I thought it might be a z-index issue, but that didn’t seem to help the problem

Can anyone offer any advice?

View the site here: http://floralsimplicity.com/

Thanks!

Rob
    # January 9, 2009 at 7:18 pm

In IE6, for me, it just dosnt work as a seach bar, can not add text or press search? No image dissapearance though..

# January 11, 2009 at 12:59 am

Well, I am using IE Tester and it makes the image disappear. But another friend of mine said the same thing you are saying about not being able to click into the search box. Any thoughts on that? I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Rob
    # January 11, 2009 at 7:19 am
    "florals" wrote:
    Well, I am using IE Tester and it makes the image disappear. But another friend of mine said the same thing you are saying about not being able to click into the search box. Any thoughts on that? I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Yea im using an actual version of IE6 – I think the testers can be a little unreliable sometimes.

if I get time I will have a look :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".