Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

IE6 Float Issues – Please Help

• # January 3, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I have been trying to fix this issue for awhile now, I have tried several different posted fixes, and I just can’t seem to get it.

I’m not sure what I would need to post to get some help, but the website is: http://melidainc.com

In IE7 and Firefox everything displays fine, but in IE 6 it drops the Content float down below the Sidebar one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated…..

Thank you, thank you, thank you…..

# January 3, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I would say that your content area isn’t wide enough for both columns. try making it 1 or 2 pixels wider to allow space for both columns. that should do the trick. Or, check your padding and margins and make them smaller or make the columns thinner to fit within the content area

# January 3, 2009 at 2:14 pm

try floating your content to the left first, cause its not there

also try and add overflow:hidden in either the content or sidebar, that might help, that helpd fix my wordpress sidebar issue for ie6

# January 3, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I have checked and rechecked the content area’s width and that of the columns, and all is well. I would think if that were the problem, it would not display correctly in FF or IE7. The overflow: hidden; is working, but now I have an issue with the bottom div, but i think i can fix that but moving it out of the content frame.

Thank you for your help.

# January 3, 2009 at 2:43 pm
    "pseudus" wrote:
    Thank you both for your replies. I have checked and rechecked the content area’s width and that of the columns, and all is well. I would think if that were the problem, it would not display correctly in FF or IE7. The overflow: hidden; is working, but now I have an issue with the bottom div, but i think i can fix that but moving it out of the content frame.

Thank you for your help.

clear the floats now: with a div

<dic clear="both"></div>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".