Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Huge WordPress Eco Homes website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

Just launched this baby last night…it’s a huge WordPress 3.0 site with lots of cool features. Really took advantage of the new Custom Post Types. Many months in the making! :mrgreen:

http://www.econesthomes.com

clifference

That’s a great looking website. I love the typography, dropdown menu transitions and that "table of contents" type thing you’ve got fixed on the left hand side. The slideshow you got going on the homepage looks amazing too.

The bookstore seems kind of off to me. The product information could use more spacing from the thumbnail of the photo, and the authors could be closer to the title of the books. Also the styling of the re-captcha in the "connect" page does not fit the overall style of the website. The arrows on the homepage don’t do anything, but I think that’s because you don’t have many events yet.

Overall, the website looks AMAZING

Very well done man. I really like how it shows your attention to detail.

I especially like the simple yet elegant menus. I’m really trying to get deeper into utilizing WP 3.0’s menus with a new project of mine, but yours are quite cool :)

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Gotta say dude that is awesome, and as someone looking to move house it makes me want one! lol

That reaction is perfect, gold even! The pictures are awesome – really give you a sense of what the owners are trying to acomplish. Warms, homely, friendly and natural.

I think the only thing I don’t like is the only thing I always don’t like with a lot of sites, and that is the text decoration underline on hover of the menu links. But that’s just me lol

Awesome.

Luminated

Thanks everyone! Very kind words and I’m so glad we could do these beautiful homes the justice they deserve! :)

I love the feedback and will be integrating it soon.

Luminated

And good call Robski…I removed the underlines off the main nav hovers and changed it to a nice color transition. Much cleaner!

Jerm993

very nicely put together luminated, I like the natural tones they really match the style of the product. One thing to consider with the underline/color thing, that can be considered an accessibility issue. Anyone who might be colorblind might have troubles distinguishing link from text, however since it is the main nav, I think that they can figure it out :P.

Luminated

Thanks Jerm…the big issue was trying to maintain a ‘zen’ feel while also keeping it accessible. Perhaps I can play with doing a very soft underline, rather than a text-decoration…

Luminated

I darkened the links…

TheDoc

This image seems a little blurry to me:

Luminated

Hmm…that’s weird, it doesn’t seem that way to me. What browser are you using? Would you be willing to provide a screenshot? :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.