Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How To: WordPress Search Form Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

‘Allo, fellow artists/programmers. I just visited the Juxtapoz website and I really like their search bar, here. I would like to create something similar, but I can’t seem to get my head around it. I am using WordPress for my website, here, which is currently broken because I added the get_search_form PHP. This is what I have figured out thus far…

WordPress uses the following PHP for its search form:

Or at least, that is what it looks like within my Starkers theme. So I looked at the codex, here, and discovered that I do not have a searchform.php anywhere in my theme, which means that WordPress will render its built-in search form. Now, what do I need to do to style everything the way I would like to? In the codex, they give examples, but I only see one div encapsulating a label class and two input types. I need a way to physically position the search bar, then add a magnifying glass as the search button, and finally have the bar ease-in and out on rollover. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Edit: Also, I inspected the element on the Juxtapoz website in Google Chrome and they have some funky stuff happening. Overflowing with input types.

Alen
    Participant

Take [a look](http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/3.5.1/wp-includes/general-template.php#L0) at `get_search_form()` function on line 152 that might give you some ideas.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.