Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to use the Anything Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Baldieboy
    Participant

Mottie,
    You are a star my friend. Another question I have is when navigationSize is set to a number lower than the number of tabs, it does not automatically sroll when an image outside of the range is active (ie. 8 slides with navigationSize set to 4, but when slideshow advances to slide 5 the navigation still only shows 1-4 instead of jumping to 5-8). Is there any way I can get around this else it’s not obvious to the user which slide is active? Some of my slideshows will have 30 images/videos (family events etc) so I definately have to limit the number of tabs shown in the navigation.

Fantastic slider though!

Mottie

Hi Baldieboy!

Please refer to the navigationSize documentation (at the bottom) for code examples on how to keep the tabs in view.

crug

Hi there!

I’m looking to use AnythingSlider on a site I’m building, to include a series of videos hosted by YouTube for the user to flick through. It works pretty well in most browsers, however in Opera (latest version, 11.6) on the Mac when I roll over, click play or try to cycle through the videos, it freezes the entire page! Once it has frozen you can scroll the page using the scroll bar on the right, but nothing is click-able.

I’m using the

method of YouTube embedding so that it displays correctly on multiple devices eg. Safari on iPhone etc.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Baldieboy
    Participant

Mottie,
    Your support for this project is fantastic. Got the navigation working fine. Scrolls along nicely. One thing that would be nice in the near future is to be able to have the current slide shown in the middle of the navigation (ie. navigationSize set to 7 and current slide would always be shown at position 4 in the navigation with 3 tabs either side).
    Not complaining though cos it works great for me right now. I just need to work on some themes and getting the damn thing to look right for IE users. Why can’t everyone just use firefox?
    Thanks again for your help.

Mottie

@Baldieboy: My pleasure! And btw, did you see I have more themes here.

@crug
    : I’m sad to say that is a known issue with YouTube iframes and Opera. I set up a compatibility table here… I’m really not sure what the best solution would be.

crug

Thanks for the reply Mottie! I really appreciate it :)

The reason I switched to the method was because when I was using YouTube embed, if I viewed it on Safari Mobile on the iPhone it displayed all all the videos in the slider on screen at once instead of hiding them. Is there any other way around that problem (other than changing to the iframe method)?

If so I could switch back to YouTube embed rather than iframe…

Mottie

Hi crug!

Sadly, the only way around the Safari black boxes is to hide the video completely when not in view. I posted a demo and some code in this reported issue, try it out and see if it solves your problem.

Oceanblue

I probably have no business being on this Forum with my lack of knowledge, but I would really like to Install the Anything Slider into my website, which is an Open Source Blog Template, that I edit using KOMPOZER WYSIWYG html Editor. I have downloaded the ANYTHING FILES but have no Idea of how to install them. Would any of you experienced people be able to advise me, or point me toward some detailed Turtorials on this type of slider installation.

Mottie

Hi Oceanblue!

Everyone is welcome to post in these forums, well, except for those punks that only post advertisements! *shake fist*

I’ve never heard of KOMPOZER nor am I sure which open source blog system you are using, but if you can add HTML to the page then it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve actually added all the HTML that needs to be included on your web page in the wiki documents. It looks like a lot of code, but that includes all of the stylesheets as an example. As well as the FX and video extensions which aren’t needed for a basic setup. You could also check out the simple demo page which has the bare minimum setup.

Please feel free to ask for help here.

amillet
    Participant

Hi Mottie,

I was wondering if the shortcode for showMultiple was working, I can’t seem to get it to work. Many thanks if you can look into this!

Alex

Mottie

I know every little about shortcodes, you might want to ask your question in the WordPress forums so Jacob can help you out.

bintang77

Hi, can anyone give the source, some tutorial step by step adding anythingslider into my HTML site?
    I am quite newbie with any code, even adding default anythingslider into my HTML site.

Thank so much!

ChrisM

Hi CSS masterminds

Could anyone pretty please assist me in changing my nav buttons on my slider from Arrows to Nav bullets. (One bullet per slide)

So from this : http://www.gallyapp.com/tf_themes/?theme=Lotus
    To this : http://www.lumiarte.com/luardeoutono/AnythingSlider/index.html (Just the bullets bottom right)

Any help even in just the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you kindly many times over!

Mottie

@bintang77: Check out the setup documentation for more details.

@ChrisM
    : I’m not sure what you mean, the nav buttons have never been arrows, they are tabs in the default theme, but there are several other themes that come with the default plugin and a few more you can get from here. That’s the css to move the navigation around. To change the navigation from numbers to bullets, use the navigationFormatter – see the docs here.

ChrisM

@Mottie : Hey thanks a lot for the reply! The problem i’m having is that my anything slider was built into a wordpress theme that I purchased. However it was coded into the site without the admin panel or anything and coded in such a way that I can only see the 2 navigation arrows , as shown in http://www.gallyapp.com/tf_themes/?theme=Lotus .

I have mailed the creator but to no avail. Where do I have to amend the code to get it back to a more default “AnythingSlider” ? If that makes any sense… The actual moving around of the nav in css is not a problem. Purely just changing it from the arrows as shown in the example to tabs / bullets.

Thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.