Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] How to make hovering over one div to trigger changes in another div?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jozsef K.
    Participant

Sure, my pleasure.

nummelin
    Participant

Hello I’m new here and few months old in the HTML and CSS world.

I’m working on my website and I’m stuck at this point about hovering and changing background.

This is the page how it looks like at the moment.
    http://www.lorenzomeschini.com/architecture/barcelona

I’m trying to make that when the mouse hover the different links in the menu, the vertical sidebar (the background of the menu) get a different background for every links.

Here I give you a “clean” version of my html and css.

http://jsfiddle.net/daFDn/1597/

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Paulie_D

Rather than resurrect an old thread, could you start a new one?

I would say that your HTML is badly formed…you can’t use an ul without using li.

nummelin
    Participant

Well I just didn’t wanted to create a new one about same topic, in every forum people complain about using “search”.

Ok I will make a new one and yes I’m aware that my HTML and probably CSS are not perfect since I never did anything like that before.

Paulie_D

Thanks.

EltonTheander
    Participant

@Jozsef K. -> I was searching for something – I didn’t really know what – but I am studying psychology, and there is a huge curriculum. I wanted some way to organise the different articles and chapters according to a (or several) timelines – it’s developmental psychology. My thinking was, that different articles concern themselves with different intervals of life; some from 1-3 years, others the whole lifespan, others still beyond a single life, eg. evolutionary perspectives, ect. I wanted to have some lines that, when the mouse hovered above the name of an article, the specific part of the timeline(s) that that article referred to, would highlight. Your code, although I am too novice to use it, is exactly what I had envisioned. I assume that, with proper coding, hovering above a specific part of a timeline could highlight several articles (the reverse effect). It is beyond me to get into this, but I just wanted to thank you for at least giving my brain a solution to a creative impulse, which I may implement in the future. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.