Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS how to left justify anythingslider instance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mbroadbear

How do I left justify the anythingslider instance? Right now it is in the center of the page, and no combination of positioning (static/absolute/relative…) seems to move it to the left. Right now I have the slider div directly inside a td element, and there is a lot of space between the leftmost td boder, and the left side of the slider. I want the left side of the slider to touch the leftmost td border.

Paulie_D

>Right now I have the slider div directly inside a td element,

Why is it in a table?

mbroadbear

I’m open to other arrangements. I need a left menu (in addition to a top menu) and felt this was the easiest way to create the layout. Is this a problem?

mbroadbear

It took it out of the table, and am using pure positioning, but still the same problem. The problem seems to be related to the fact that the ‘anythingSlider’ div is so much wider than the images. Why is that?

mbroadbear

I’ve set the padding to 0 0 0 0 on the ‘anythingSlider’ div. This reduced the padding, and when I switch to absolute positioning, it moves to the upper left of the parent div, but this messes up the formatting. With relative positioning, the ‘anythingSlider’ still has a significant width, and the images appear in the middle. Is there another style I need to change?

mbroadbear

Um, er, like for instance, MARGIN! (blush) I set margin to 0, and the slider jumped left. A helpful discussion (although covers more than needed), is here:

https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/9450/how-to-use-the-anything-slider/p1

Thanks.

mbroadbear

This can be marked as solved, but I don’t see the checkbox anywhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.