Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How to code a cool image slider like this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stevemurray

Hi guys,

I’m currently putting a website together and I really need a page with similar functionality to the threadless voting page: http://beta.threadless.com/threadless/spooky-panda/

The functionality that I’m looking for is the slider at the top, the comments below and the ability to rate each image.

If anyone could please point me in the direction of a script that I could use or even just explain how threadless went about doing their page then I would really appreciate it. I’m planning on using facebook comments for the comments section so that should be easy enough.

The part I have an issue with is the slider at the top and loading the new comments box for each image. It seems that the URL actually changes as you slide through the images which is the part that really interests me. How is this done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (:

sam9713

Hello Steve,

Have you thought about putting your site on to wordpress? Their are tonnes of free slider plugins!

Sam

stevemurray

I’ve just moved away from wordpress because I found it to be restrictive at times. Basically, all I need is a slider which allows comments on each image. I also need users to be able to vote on each image so ideally I’d like to load a new div or include a new php file underneath the slider when the user slides to the next image. Is this possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.