Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How do you like it ? First Website review!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chuckstar
    Participant

Hi Guys,

lately I created a website for a small car-appraiser. As one of my first created websites ever, I really would appreciate it if you could review the page and give some hints and advices. Do you like the desgin-color-scheme, layout etc. , are there some no-go’s ?

URL: http://www.sv-sauermann.de

Thank you for your professional advices!

PS: I am from germany, as well as the page is in german. But I think you don’t need to understand the content ;-)

dhunt9310
    Participant

Hey Chuckstar,

I definitely think you have a great foundation for this site. My biggest concern about this site is the feeling of incomplete. I think that the front page doesn’t have enough information and then the other pages have way too much. Possibly using more interesting images and a slideshow on the home page would really grab someone’s attention when they come to the site. I currently feels like a wordpress template.

-dhunt

shaan1087
    Participant

Hi Bro,
    Awesome Design ! let’s make some changes now
    1. Background
    2. Typography
    3. double check the alignment
    4. Decrease the button sizes
    5. Retouch main sidebar image.
    6. Fill it up with some introductory contents with read more button
    7. I would also prefer a image slider if you can create !

Wish you best of luck. Keep it up !

ambrosechua
    Participant

And maybe a little responsive web design?

MBM
    Participant

The design itself is good what I don’t like is the fact that the container size changes from page to page. Keep the container one size. Also why do the pages jump? I don’t think you need the rest code. It may have something to do with the jumping. The box shadow under your header doesn’t look right. Take a look at this.

http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CSS3ContentTabs/

chuckstar
    Participant

@ambrosechua:

Responsive design wasn’t intended.

@MBM:

I like the idea of those content tabs you mentioned.

But my biggest concern is that the Browser URL is never changed, because all the content is on one single HTML Page. Is there an easy way to change the Browser URL dynamically, depending on the content that is shown ?

Another thing you should take into consideration is SEO ? Are these Content Tabs right for good SEO ?

Nevertheless, thank you all for your reviews. I really appreciate it!

chuckstar
    Participant

@ambrosechua:

@MBM

But my biggest concern is that the Browser URL is never changed, because all the content is on one single HTML Page. Is there an easy way to change the Browser URL dynamically, depending on the content that is shown ? 

Another thing you should take into consideration is SEO ? Are these Content Tabs right for good SEO ?

chuckstar
    Participant

@ambrosechua:

@MBM

chuckstar
    Participant

@ambrosechua:

Responsive design wasn’t intended for this page.

@MBM:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.