Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with IE8 support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chanman

I can’t figure out how to get this menu supported in IE8. [Big Guns BBQ](http://www.biggunsbarbq.com “”)

Paulie_D
    chanman

I the menu just stacks on top of each other. Don’t you know how to go into IE and hit f12 and look at the IE 8 standards? @paulie_d

chanman

Thanks @jkinney768 I totally forgot about that and that fixed some other stuff but not the menu.

chanman

This is the [link](http://www.biggunsbarbq.com/menu/ “”).

Paulie_D

>I the menu just stacks on top of each other. Don’t you know how to go into IE and hit f12 and look at the IE 8 standards? @paulie_d

That’s exactly what I did…and I still couldn’t see anything “wrong”.

You didn’t define ‘menu’ **on a Restaurant site**…do you mean Navigation or the actual Bill of Fare?

Oh and you didn’t define…’not working’ in your original question.

If the Bill of Fare stacks in IE8…it **is** working as it’s clearly visible. If viewers **are** actually using IE8 how would they know the difference from a modern browser experience.

Paulie_D

By the way…the Bill of Fare is now stacking in Chrome…

chanman

Sorry i’m still kinda new to this what do mean i didn’t define ‘menu’ on a restaurant site? When I change the **browser mode** to IE8 and then change the **document mode** to internet explorer 8 standards it doesn’t stack am I not doing that right? @paulie_d

Paulie_D

You have a restaurant that will, presumably, have a menu of food items they are offering (Bill of Fare).

In HTML, the menu is the list of navigation links.

On a site such at this we will assume you mean the second one.

Unless you are specific about what the actual problem is such as ‘It stacks up and I want CCS3 transitions” we don’t know what it is you are asking.

Now,out of the box IE8 doesn’t support the effects you previously had working in Chrome so basically you **can’t** get them to work in IE8 without a lot javascript work.

Frankly, I wouldn’t bother.

chanman

Thanks for all the info.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.