Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Having trouble finding CSS code location to change tab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ostinoh
    Participant

Hello –

First time here and I need help I’m so stuck. I have topnav bar and I’m adding a new tab to and eventually add sub menus?

The issue I’m having is finding the area in the style.css file where I can adjust and move the text down to make it even with the others.

Here is a link to a screenshot showing what I was trying to find.

Screenhot

Thank You
    David

Paulie_D

Yep, a live link and a more precise description of what you are trying to do would be helpful.

Senff
    Participant

You’re probably going to have to go to the /sites/all/themes/vso/css directory, and edit the style.css file. The styles for the menu are near line 1450, where you’ll find styles for stuff like #block-nice-menus-1 and #block-nice-menus-1 ul li and such.

ostinoh
    Participant

Here is a link to the website Our Website

Did you need to see the whole style.css file as well? If so what is the best way to do that here cut and paste?

You can see on the front page of the website at the top menus the tab ‘Teams’ is out of alignment with the other tabs. I’m trying to find out where in the style.css if that I can change the alignment.

Thank you so much for the help. I’m new to CSS but a DBA by trade so I can get around in code.

David

Paulie_D

It’s out of alignment because it doesn’t have a link in it like all the others do.

i don’t know why…but the simplest solution is to swap out the span that’s in there instead for a link even if thehref doesn’t go anywhere.

Alternatively, add a line-height to .menu-path-nolink of around 24px…that should do it.

ostinoh
    Participant

Paulie D –

Thanks you I ended up adding the <front> link that way it will allow me to add the sub-menus?

I was wondering and looking for where would I add .menu-path-nolink? I searched and good not find in the stlye.css file.

Thanks,
    David

Paulie_D

where would I add .menu-path-nolink

Not sure to be honest…it’s been added to the HTML either by you or whatever theme / template you are using so I would assume it exists somewhere….but, if not, anywhere in the navigation section of your CSS file.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.