Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Freshness dating

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    carlnunes

I often look to the world wide web for "how tos" and need the information to be current or at least relevant to my situation.

Lately I’ve been noticing a lack of "freshness dating" and or proper version labeling for information. Sure the information is free and most of the time really helpful. We need to remind ourselves that if we’re going to blog a tutorial, fix, hack, whatever; we need to properly label and date the information.

Basic; I know.

I enjoy giving back to the design community and I frequent may IRC, forums, blogs and do what I can.

Quote:
    Lately I’ve been noticing a lack of "freshness dating" and or proper version labeling for information. Sure the information is free and most of the time really helpful. We need to remind ourselves that if we’re going to blog a tutorial, fix, hack, whatever; we need to properly label and date the information.

That is definitely a good point — I often run into tutorials that use old versions of software or implement hacks that no longer work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.