Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Forms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidmj

First off, I enjoy your videos greatly. They’re very helpful for someone who’s trying to get away from coding her websites in Photoshop (I hate how they have all the slices and they’re a pain to update easily).

Anyway, I’m in a bit of a bind. I accepted a contract to redo a website for an apartment locating service and I’m having trouble with my code.

First, my submit page is set up the way it’s supposed to be (and look). I need it to send all the information the user imputs to a e-mail address. I’ve been using your videos and other sources, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

The second is that they requested being able to upload images and text themselves. Like using the browse button. If I’m understanding it correctly, I need to set up a form within the page that the client uploads and post it to its own webpage.

I quickly posted the site under my personal webhosting service so that anyone can take a look at it. I really could use some help because I’m at a lost as what to do to my code.

http://www.suzymoon.com/client/index.html

davidmj

Thanks for the advice. I did check out Wufoo, but my form is too long and to get Wufoo for it I would be going out of budget.

I guess my question is with PHP. I’m having trouble understanding it and making it work for me.

chrisL

It’s hard to tell, but I’d first make sure that your host supports PHP.

Your form is submitting to a ‘form.php’. I assume this is the form that processes and mails the request? It doesn’t look like this file is there when I tried to submit the form?

You might check with your host to see if they have some mailer scripts that you can plug in easily. Otherwise, if you can confirm that you can use PHP, then I’d Google PHP Form mailer… There are hundreds out there that you can use as long as you attribute the author in your code.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.