Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Firefox Add-ons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

What Fire fox add-ons / extensions do you use and what do they do.

I use:
    All-in-One Side bar – easier access to bookmarks history, downloads, and others.
    British English dictionary – so I don’t look like an illiterate fool on forums!
    NoScript – No damn malware is sneaking it’s way on to my PC!

Firebug – well it’s obvious, and one of the best tools out there.
    GridFox – I found this recently – it overlays a customisable grid over any web page. Another very useful developer’s tool.

I’m hoping to find more useful little tools and add-ons, so share with me; what do you use, what does it do, and why do you use it?

wmwood
    Participant

I use:
    Firebug – A Firefox extension that allows you to edit, debug, and monitor CSS, HTML, and JavaScript live in any web page.
    Dust-Me Selectors – A Firefox extension (for v1.5 or later) that finds unused CSS selectors.

CoopFLY

I just started using Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar. I am still trying to learn all the basics of Web Developer Toolbar. I still can not install PicLens because i am using Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 and the Add-On i guess is not up-to-date

piclense
    web dev
    firebug
    export color profile thing
    some measuring tool,
    the signature add on
    the tab thing that makes my home page pop up on new tabs
    IE tab that switches the tab to IE7

and i just found some pretty cool new ones the other day in a big list that im going to go through. pretty excited about those. hopefully ill find something cool

i didnt care for firebug until i saw that you can change styles live so that comes in handy to get something up, scoot things around and then go back to the code and fix it getting things pixel perfect. diagnostic stuff is cool too. i use that and webdev for different things i guess and actually dont use either that often.

Flavia

Thanks for the Gridfox and Dust-me-selectors hints guys, I needed those!
    Apart from the already mentioned evergreens (Firebug and Web Dev Toolbar) I also use FireCookie to manage cookies (ha, pleonastic :) ), as I use lots of differents accounts with different features, for testing purposes on the websites that I work on.
    I also find Fireshot a very handy add-on, to grab portions and entire pages (with or without scrolling): it’s fast, light and allows basic editing.

zamoht
    Participant

View At Kismis is the most interesting text on The Hyde that can be found on the internet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.