Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Feeling dirty with display:table

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rkostin
    Participant

How do you create dynamic multiple side-by-side boxes with equal height without JS?

I’m falling more in love with display:table and its related display properties (table-row, table-cell). Feels dirty. Works perfectly. Still semantically pure, I think.

I’m almost ready to announce that display:table and I are going steady, but I’m wondering if I’m getting into a relationship that will eventually end in tears.

[Here’s typical use of display:table…](http://codepen.io/rkostin/pen/qDhrE “Typical use of display:table”)

CrocoDillon
    Participant

If you’re okay with the browser support, why not? At least till flexbox becomes *the* layout thingy. By the way you have 2 quarters in a row, should be 2 halves (though you don’t see the difference because tables tend to fill up their available space anyway)

rkostin
    Participant

How CSS tables handle widths may be the regret I was afraid of. They don’t act as I would expect. I don’t see a lot of help/advice out there either regarding CSS tables.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.