Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Divs are out of alignment in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nitemare

i just had this issue brought to my attention, but when anybody tries to view my site from IE (tested in IE6, IE7 and IE8 on windows XP, Vista, and windows 7), the Content Div, and the nav div are for the lack of a better description, one on top of each other, when they should be side by side

my site: http://www.nitemare.ca

the html code in question:

Code:
    spacefiller

CSS code can be found at this link: http://www.nitemare.ca/styles/main.css

thanks for the help

**PS. btw, for best viewing of what the site should look like, use Google chrome or firefox, i haven’t seen any problems with them

matt25
    Participant

If you set the main div width to 901 it fixes the problem in my tests :)

nitemare

ok, i see whats going on, its damn IE,

ive tried using the good old conditional elements:

Code:

but this would only add a second css document, since you can’t put an else statement in there, is there any easy way i can have it load one css document if IE, and another if its any other browser, but not both css files? or is this going to have to be done through php/jscript for browser identification?

apostrophe
    Participant

Why is it such a big deal to have a second stylesheet?

If you really don’t want to do that then just add your ie rules to the document head inside a conditional statement.

nitemare

because the solution to this problem is not adding ccs statements, its modifying existing ones, so if i just add the IE specific ones to the conditional statement, then the original css will take priority

apostrophe
    Participant
    Quote:
    because the solution to this problem is not adding ccs statements, its modifying existing ones, so if i just add the IE specific ones to the conditional statement, then the original css will take priority

Not if the ie ones come first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.