Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS current_page_item takes over all the drop down under its tree

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mevaser
    Participant

Hello every one, I am pulling my hair.

I am working on this NAV, they want that one we select one link that the link will go blue with a nice up arrow to show where we are. Very nice.

The problem I am having that this is the parent link, then all children get the arrow and the blue. I do not mind the blue, but the arrow should not be there. As a matter of a fact I would love to hover over the children and see a side arrow hovering. So far, I just got a headache.

li.current_page_item a, #navlnks {background: #00608E url("images/hover.gif") bottom center no-repeat!important; opacity: 0.9; -moz-opacity: 0.9; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=90); zoom:1; color: #fff!important; font-weight:bold!important;}

I tried this:

.current_page_item a, #navlnks {background: #00608E url("images/side-hover.gif") bottom center no-repeat!important; opacity: 0.9; -moz-opacity: 0.9; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=90); zoom:1; color: #fff!important; font-weight:bold!important;}

But the arrow or the blue won’t show up. If I put the LI then not only the parent takes the color and arrow, but the children too!

Any ideas? arrr….

mevaser
    Participant

This is the link of the page. http://bit.ly/LskVbg

mevaser
    Participant

ChrisxClash this tough me something great! Sad, but true. There is very documentation on this type of code:

.current_page_item > a

If you know where I could get references for it, I will appreciated it.

Cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.