Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS current web project critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    shamai

well i just stuck that sandy color in there… just to see a different take. but i always had in mind that it would remain black…
    the sandy color is for special links and tags like in the sidebar
    in the end i think im going to contain the articles in a black box set with transparency slightly on -no gradient

shamai

a final look at the articles:
    http://baseshamai.deviantart.com/art/Screen-Shot-2013-02-25-at-2-54-34-PM-356416280?ga_submit_new=10%253A1361822142

by the way… where should i upload these stupid images… deviantart is for finished work i feel….

Paulie_D

I use Photobucket

Alen
    Participant

> its a website for a small community

is it really? what makes it for a small community? why would i want to “be heard”? why would I want to advertise or search you directory? what do I get out of it?

See where I’m getting at…?

All of these things are not clearly apparent from your design.

Sites goal is very broad and confusing. We already have Google, Bing, etc.!

I suggest you pick a niche market and cater to them. Get to know who is your target market? See what kind of problems needs solving?

IMO at this stage of the game, design of your site is irrelevant, as the sites goals are not clearly defined.

-Alen

shamai

because thee is no other website for this community…
    this is a real place… not like an online community! this place exists on a map!

and they used yahoo groups to communicate and email and stuff and they need a website badly…
    its a large neighborhood thats very er… connected.

Alen
    Participant

> because thee is no other website for this community… this is a real place… not like an online community!

Okay. So do you know who these people are? Do you know what their daily needs are? Are you certain they don’t already use Facebook, Google, etc., to ‘discover people places and things’?

I’m not trying to put your idea down or discourage you from pursuing it. I’m making sure you are asking the right people, the right questions. Your users. Target audience.

shamai

i understand. I know somewhat. I guess I could learn more.
    The website might not take off, and thats ok. It is a project im pursuing in my free time… it helps me learn new things and experiment with new plugins…

But I think it will be good because I know a lot of people in the area who are looking for jobs and craigslist does not have this community, or area. My initial idea was a classifieds site for this growing community.

Alen
    Participant

I think it’s great what you are doing. Even if the idea doesn’t get rolling you’ll learn a lot.

Don’t be afraid to fail. Many who are successful, failed many times.

Creating something useful, in the most abstract form is: identifying a problem and developing a solution. Just make sure you are actually solving the problem for your users.

Best of luck,
    -Alen

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.