Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS-Tricks’ Syntax Highlight Plugin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alexrogahn
    Participant

Does anyone know what syntax highlighter plugin Chris uses. I can’t find a good one and his seems to look good :P

alexrogahn
    Participant

http://softwaremaniacs.org/soft/highlight/ after all that searching, I found one script through safari’s web inpector, I hate it when that happens. Like when you lose a key and you find in in the most obvious place :x still, I got what I wanted :D

mikes

Thanks for posting the link. It looks pretty cool.

alexrogahn
    Participant

yeah one problem is for some reason the html code I posted still executes… wonder whats causing it :| must be me, I’ll look over my code :P

alexrogahn
    Participant

lol thanks Chris that explains a lot, thanks for helping me out :)

Boxon

OK, this was one of these “AHA” moments – after whole annoying day with “Crayon”, I can peacefully go to sleep, and finally fix sections of code in my blog tomorrow!!!

Samiullah Khan
    Participant

I think this website has moved to prism.js which is best solution. I am struggling with the use of Crayon. It’s overwhelming giving me so much options but it adds so many requests to files like monakitheme.css and then monakifont.css. Last but not least crayon.css.

I think if you care about the performance of your website than using a wordpress plugin for syntax highlighting isn’t a good solution.

It’s best to use a Java Script library that can be easily bundled and minified with other site resources.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.