Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS issue on php script … Please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gordonsa
    Participant

Hello

I am having an issue with styling the error message of my contact form on my site. Everything looks fine except the error message, which I want to be in white text but it stays blue.

My page is bankruptcycanada.com/free-confidential-evaluation.php and if you, for example, put in an incorrectly formatted email address will bring up the error message when trying to submit the form. The error message is:

The following corrections are required:
    Please provide a valid email address.
    The “The following corrections are required:” text is coded in white, which is proper however the “Please provide a valid email address.” text remains in blue and should be white.

My CSS file is located at bankruptcycanada.com/css/desktop.css

I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Paulie_D

I suggest you use Developer Tools that come pre-baked into every modern browser to ‘inspect’ that text and see where the styles are originating.

gordonsa
    Participant

Thanks for the follow up Paulie. I know which style is used but the style is not taking. I must be overwriting something through the cascade of Cascading Style Sheets?

Paulie_D

I know which style is used but the style is not taking. I must be overwriting something through the cascade of Cascading Style Sheets?

Yes, and inspect element will allow you to see what setting is doing that.

Senff
    Participant

My page is bankruptcycanada.com/free-confidential-evaluation.php and if you, for example, put in an incorrectly formatted email address will bring up the error message when trying to submit the form.

URL returns a 404 error.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.