Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

CSS dropdown menu

• # November 9, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I’ve followed several different tutorials but I can’t seem to get mine to work. Would be grateful if someone could look at this and tell me where I’m making mistakes. If it’s something stupid, I apologise.

[my site](http://www.margonline.co.uk/articulate/)

# November 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm

What exactly is your problem?
    I looked at the site and the link and script are all over the place. You should put them all in the head element…..
    Also, do you use firebug? It is a great tool to start debugging your site…

# November 9, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I appreciate that you’ve taken a look. The problem is when hovering over either of the 2 right most nav items (about and case studies) the nested list doesn’t appear.

Good point about the links and the script – which I’ve removed. I want to get the top nav working properly.

I have limited experience with firebug so any pointers would be appreciated.

# November 9, 2012 at 5:27 pm

This will make the menu show. There are probably some style changes to be made though.

Remove overflow: hidden from #topNav

Change #topNav ul { left: } from -999 to -9999px to move the sub menu all the way off the screen

Firebug is in Firefox or you can use “Inspect Element” on Chrome. It allows you to change the styles/scripts/html of a page without editing the code and see the updates live.

# November 10, 2012 at 7:07 am

Thanks that worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".