Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Bootstrap Static Popovers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    DesignLady94

on this page. See the static popover examples at http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#popovers.

DesignLady94

I want to replace the paragraphs on the refer.php page with popovers containing the contact. Then I would list the cite reference below.

DesignLady94

Actually no, I would include the reference as the popover title.

TheDoc

I mean on this page: http://www.debbierking.com/bootstrap/refer.php

Where do you have the attempted popovers?

TheDoc

Hmmmmm. Basically I’m trying to figure out where you’re attempted code is.

DesignLady94

Right under the Testimonials title.

TheDoc

All I see are paragraphs and links.

Have you:

a) included the necessary Bootstrap JS/CSS
    b) updated your markup with the code shown on the Bootstrap example page

All I see is this: http://cl.ly/image/2w0e0e1X1K0V

So I don’t know where your popover is supposed to occur.

DesignLady94

That’s right…I don’t know why the popover isn’t displaying. I have used the code that I pasted above. I did include the bootstrap.css file…I don’t think I need any other css bootstrap files, as I didn’t need one for the accordion function.

Can you view my source code on the refer.php page? You will see the popover code there…it should be showing up right under the header on the left-hand side of the page.

DesignLady94

If we can’t figure this out soon I think I’m going to give up on the popovers…they are not necessary…just would look nice. I’d rather concentrate more on why the internal link isn’t working in Firefox.

TheDoc

Oohhhh. Are you supposed to hover over the ‘Testimonials’ title and see it?

DesignLady94

No…maybe I am misunderstanding how this works….I *thought* from the example of static popovers on the Bootstrap page that they were just supposed to display with no clicking or anything. But nothing is showing up…I have been going round on this for a couple of days now.

TheDoc

Ooohhhh. They are meant to be initialized by something with JS.

Yours isn’t showing because it’s set to `display: none;`. Having said that, you *shouldn’t* actually be writing any markup as it’s all done with the data attributes.

So what you *could* do, using the ‘Testimonials’ title as our reference, is this:

Testimonials

JS:

$(‘.your-toggle’).popover(‘show’);

TheDoc

I just tried the above on your site using Inspector and it worked perfectly.

DesignLady94

I see…it’s showing up now (I thought the ‘show’ option was for clicking on a button to display the popover.

I am now trying to figure out how to bring the title into the popover.

I am noticing that when I add the popover for the second reference it replaces the first….I think I’m going to give up on this…thanks for trying to help me out though!

DesignLady94

Am going with straight CSS to create the bubble. Thanks again Doc!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.