Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS big gap in IE, FF is fine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlknauff

We’re converting a default eSynicat theme to match our own I’ve been trying to figure out what is causing the big gap near the bottom of the page in IE. It works fine in FF, the HTML validates, and though a few parts of the CSS don’t, I temporarily removed all CSS that wan’t validating and the problem is still there, so it’s not that.

http://dir.wildfiremarketinggroup.com/

Any ideas?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

lol. Good times.

The problem is that you are using a non-repeating background image, and that image is only so tall. Internet Explorer stretches the content a little bit more causing the table to be taller than your background image.

Just add this to your CSS for .main:

Code:
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    jlknauff

Hi,

Where did you find .main? I don’t remember using that class and didn’t see it in the CSS files.

Plus, it’s not about that anyway. It’s the same theme we’re using throughout the rest of the site, there is just a gap where gree shows through on the directory. It’s got to be something that I’m missing.

jlknauff

Fixed it. It was a stupid oversight. I used the same div class twice, where the second div should have been a different class.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.